Both the toilet and the shower have been running slow lately. Actually, the toilet backed up a few days ago but I plungered it free. Anyway, I got woken up this morning by the plumbers asking for a description of the problem and then said they'd be over a little bit later; they'd call first though. I jumped in the shower then got dressed... just in time for the receptionist calling to say the plumber was ready to come over. Eep! Good thing I was dressed. I did a quick cleaning of the bathroom then peeked out my window to see the plumber drive down the court. Right now he's snaking the clean-out behind the apartment. The problem is probably tree roots getting into the line. It seems every year someone eventually comes out and has to snake the line and clear some roots. Whatever, I just want it to work right.
Stray thought of the moment: why can't he look like a plumber from a porn movie? :oP
Yeah, it seems like a kinda wonky idea to me but then... given all the intrusions by corporate America not to mention the government into our personal business, collecting every shed of information about us into huge databases, who's to say why shouldn't take a precaution like this -- just in case?
Current Music:Sophie B. Hawkins - "As I lay me down to sleep"
Note: friday five is off this week so I'm doing an old one from Sept. 28, 2001
1. Laying on your back and facing the ceiling, which side of the bed do you sleep on? I don't and can't fall asleep on my back. I sleep on my side. As for which side of the bed I occupy I feel safe in saying I occupy every corner of the bed at some time of the night. heh heh
2. Do you have to have covers (blankets and/or sheets) at all costs, no matter the weather? Unless it's 115 degrees outside (which happens in the deep summer) I can't sleep without at least a thin sheet.
3. Sleep nekkid or no? Why? I do once in a blue moon. I have to be honest and say it just feels odd with the skin against the sheets for some reason.
4. What's under your bed? Two pairs of shoes. One of which should be thrown away really but Mr. Packrat doubts he has the strength to do that.
5. If you have pets, do you let them sleep with you? Why or why not? Fish wouldn't appreciate being in bed methinks. :o)