Vinny da Geek (desertwolf) wrote,
Vinny da Geek

  • Music:

problem found and fixed

So, L comes over to talk about the program and I show him the errors I was getting. He decides to throw out all kinds of ideas why the error is occurring except they all have nothing to do what-so-ever with the type of error. Then he threw out an idea I was about to say again "no, that's not it" but then I paused and thought about it a bit. It made me think maybe I was looking at the wrong area. So, I added a slew of ShowMessage()s to trace/bracket the problem but all the messages showed, meaning, that wasn't where I was getting the problem. So, I kept moving on and eventually pinned it down to the new code I had added to detect errors when reading in sections of the user's file. Actually, there were two separate errors there I had to fix and once I did everything worked like a charm. Now, back to modifying print output...
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.