In the search box in the upper right hand corner, enter the year you graduated from high school. The first item returned should be the top 100 songs from that year. Cut and paste them into your journal.
Bold the ones you like.
Underline your favorite.
The Year: 1987
- Walk Like An Egyptian, Bangles -- *does the Egyptian dance thingy*
- Alone, Heart -- Saw them recently on TV & it sounded like she was reaching (badly) to hit the notes.
- Shake You Down, Gregory Abbott
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me), Whitney Houston -- What in the hell happened to her? Oh wait, that would be Bobby Brown.
- Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, Starship
C'est La Vie, Robbie Nevil
- Here I Go Again, Whitesnake
The Way It Is, Bruce Hornsby and the Range-- *shudder*
- Shakedown, Bob Seger -- This one pops in my head occasionally.
- Livin' On A Prayer, Bon Jovi
- La Bamba, Los Lobos
- Everybody Have Fun Tonight, Wang Chung
- Don't Dream It's Over, Crowded House
- Always, Atlantic Starr
- With Or Without You, U2
- Looking For A New Love, Jody Watley
- Head To Toe, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam -- She still sounds good.
- I Think We're Alone Now, Tiffany -- Bubblegum is good every now and then.
- Mony Mony, Billy Idol -- How can you not like that sneer?
At This Moment, Billy Vera and The Beaters Lady In Red, Chris De Burgh
- Didn't We Almost Have It All, Whitney Houston
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, U2
- I Want Your Sex, George Michael -- Phbbt, I just wanted George.
- Notorious, Duran Duran
- Only In My Dreams, Debbie Gibson -- see #18
- (I've Had) The Time Of My Life, Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes -- Back when Ms. Grey had her original nose.
- The Next Time I Fall, Peter Cetera and Amy Grant -- Really, I don't like Amy's pop music. I like her Xian material.
- Lean On Me, Club Nouveau
- Open Your Heart, Madonna -- Liking Madonna is like on page 2 of the Gay Union contract.
- Lost In Emotion, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam
- (I Just) Died In Your Arms, Cutting Crew
- Heart And Soul, T'Pau I so <3 this album.
- You Keep Me Hangin' On, Kim Wilde
Keep Your Hands To Yourself, Georgia Satellites
- I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me), Aretha Franklin and George Michael
- Control, Janet Jackson -- Back when she still had body fat.
- Somewhere Out There, Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram
- U Got The Look, Prince -- wtf? Why isn't Sheena credited?
Land Of Confusion, Genesis Jacob's Ladder, Huey Lewis and The News
- Who's That Girl, Madonna
- You Got It All, Jets
- Touch Me (I Want Your Body), Samantha Fox
- I Just Can't Stop Loving You, Michael Jackson and Siedah Garrett
- Causing A Commotion, Madonna
- In Too Deep, Genesis
- Let's Wait Awhile, Janet Jackson
- Hip To Be Square, Huey Lewis and the News
- Will You Still Love Me?, Chicago -- Peter Cetera's voice is very iffy for me.
- Little Lies, Fleetwood Mac
- Luka, Suzanne Vega
- I Heard A Rumour, Bananarama -- I really liked this trio, now a duo
Don't Mean Nothing, Richard Marx-- *gags* Songbird, Kenny G-- *gags again*
- Carrie, Europe
- Don't Disturb This Groove, System
- La Isla Bonita, Madonna
- Bad, Michael Jackson -- *sigh* Shoot me now.
- Sign 'O' The Times, Prince
- Change Of Heart, Cyndi Lauper
- Come Go With Me, Expose
- Can't We Try, Dan Hill
- To Be A Lover, Billy Idol
Mandolin Rain, Bruce Hornsby and the Range
- Breakout, Swing Out Sister
- Stand By Me, Ben E. King
Tonight, Tonight, Tonight, Genesis
- Someday, Glass Tiger
- When Smokey Sings, ABC -- Wasn't the usual ABC song.
- Rhythm Is Gonna Get You, Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine
- Rock Steady, Whispers
- Wanted Dead Or Alive, Bon Jovi -- They played this at my fucking prom, ugh!
Big Time, Peter Gabriel The Finer Things, Steve Winwood
- Let Me Be The One, Expose
- Is This Love, Survivor
Diamonds, Herb Alpert
- Point Of No Return, Expose
Big Love, Fleetwood Mac-- This and "Tusk" I consider the worst of FM.
- Midnight Blue, Lou Gramm
- Something So Strong, Crowded House
- Heat Of The Night, Bryan Adams
- Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You, Glenn Medeiros
- Brilliant Disguise, Bruce Springsteen
- Just To See Her, Smokey Robinson
- Who Will You Run To, Heart
Respect Yourself, Bruce Willis-- Mr. Willis, like Mr. Wagner, should stick to acting.
- Cross My Broken Heart, Jets
- Victory, Kool and The Gang
- Don't Get Me Wrong, Pretenders -- Chrissie has one of the best voices around.
- Doing It All For My Baby, Huey Lewis and The News -- It's the video, ok?
- Right On Track, Breakfast Club
- Ballerina Girl, Lionel Richie
- Meet Me Half Way, Kenny Loggins
- I've Been In Love Before, Cutting Crew
- (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right To Party, Beastie Boys -- The only song of theirs I like.
- Funkytown, Pseudo Echo -- The original was better but I liked it none-the-less.
- Love You Down, Ready For The World