If you want to do the Phredquiz too, have a look here, and remember to post there once you've done it. And now, on with the show...
PHREDQUIZ PART TWO.
• Sex and sexuality.
137. How would you describe your sexuality?
100% gay and stifled. Wanna application to fix that? :o)
138. What part(s) of the human body do you find most erotically appealing?
Really, it's an overall thing. If forced to I'd probably have to say the chest.
139. What part(s) of your body do you most enjoy being stimulated?
140. If applicable, at what age did you lose your virginity?
All I'll say is that it was after 25 but before 30. 'Tis a long discussion why.
141. All else being equal, would you be more likely to be attracted to someone who has a rebellious personality, or someone who is more stable?
More stable. Rebellion is nice once in a while but would get on my nerves after a while.
142. Would you prefer a smoking or non-smoking partner, or is that irrelevant?
Non-smoker. Why put up with another health-risk?
143. Are you presently in a live-in relationship and, if yes, is this relationship legally recognized where you live?
No and no.
144. If your answer to question 143 was "yes", are you generally content with this relationship?
145. If your answer to question 143 was "no", would you like to be part of a live-in relationship, and would your preferred relationship be legally recognized where you live?
Probably not, I'm too much of a loner. Yes, of course I would.
146. Is your sexuality legally recognized (as opposed to illegal) where you live?
Yes, it's legal. w00t!
147. Do you have any children (that you're aware of - and no smart comments from any of the women answering this, thank you ;-)?
No, no kids. I don't want any. I've already indulged my maternal/paternal instincts.
148. Would you like to have [more] children?
149. If you're male, have you ever found yourself wondering whether, through accident or in the passion of the moment, you might once have fathered a child (whether born or aborted)?
LOL That's not possible. I'm 100% fish-free.
150. Do you consider yourself sexually adventurous, within the bounds of your self-defined sexuality?
Adventurous no. There are certain things I'll do and others I won't.
151. Do you masturbate? If yes, how regularly?
Yes, I'm human. Uh, I'm not going to admit that publicly. :o)
152. If you answered "Yes" to the previous question, do you feel "guilty" or "soiled" (apart from the obvious) after masturbating?
Not so much guilty but I do recognize it's not something to talk about publicly.
153. Do you believe that masturbation is morally wrong or impure?
154. Have you ever "willingly" participated in sexual activity that has disturbed or distressed you?
Not yet and I wouldn't (according to my beliefs as of now.)
155. What's your opinion of consensual sexual activity involving bondage and/or other forms of mild discipline?
*shrugs* Whatever floats their boats.
156. What's your opinion of consensual sexual activity involving sado-masochistic activity?
As long as it's consensual it's none of my business.
157. Safe sex and contraception aside, what's your opinion of condoms?
If safe-sex were not an issue, I'd forgo them.
158. If your answer to question 137 was not "bisexual" or "asexual", would you consider either a "fling" or a relationship that did not correspond with your self-defined sexuality (for example, if your answer to that question was "heterosexual", would you consider having sexual relations with a member of your own gender)?
159. Have you ever participated in sexual acts (including mutual masturbation) with members of the opposite gender?
160. Have you ever participated in sexual acts (including mutual masturbation) with members of the same gender?
Oh yeah baby!
161. Would you be willing to give oral sex (mouth to genitals contact)?
Been there, done that.
162. Would you be willing to receive oral sex (mouth to genitals contact)?
Been there, done that.
163. Would you be willing to participate in anal sex (either as active or passive partner, or both)?
Been there, done that.
164. Would you consider sex with more than one person at one time?
Consider it? Yes, though I haven't as yet.
165. If you are male, have you ever participated in the "soggy biscuit" game (where several males masturbate onto a cracker or similar, and the last to finish must eat it)? Do you wish you had (or wish you hadn't)?
166. Have you ever seriously considered, however briefly, the possibility of some form of sexual contact with an animal or animals (other than humans, smartarse)?
LOL. You took away my opportunity for a smart-ass answer damnit!
167. What would be the single most important physical aspect of the act of love-making (sex) from your perspective (in other words, what would you enjoy or appreciate most)?
I suppose it'd have to be touching, both non-sexual and sexual.
• Dressed for the occasion.
168. In a perfect world, would you wear clothes at all?
Underwear would do just fine.
169. What word (or words) do you generally use when referring to underwear (for example: underpants, knickers)?
Underwear or shorts.
170. Boxers, briefs or something else again?
Briefs. i.e. tighty-whities.
171. If you wear underwear, what colours, fabrics and styles do you prefer wearing?
Generic white cotton suffices for me.
172. Do you own and wear underwear designed for the other gender?
173. Do you buy underwear that's comfortable and does the job, or underwear that looks good?
Does the job. The concept of underwear as fashion amuses me.
174. Could the style (and wear) of a casual sex partner's underwear cause you to reconsider your desire to have sex with them?
Not unless it was some old beat-up thing being held together by a few threads.
175. Would you consider selling your used underwear in an internet auction?
When I first heard of such a thing I briefly wonder about that but wound up laughing my head off.
176. If you answered "Yes" or "Maybe" to the previous question, would you "customize" on request?
177. Would you consider exchanging underwear with a sex partner if asked?
Hmm, I suppose so.
178. Why do the tags on women's underpants often include a chest measurement, even though they're sold as single, unmatched items?
Possibly to feed into women's obsession over minutiae.
179. Artificial or natural fibres?
Either, as long as it's comfortable. I tend towards cotton though.
180. If you were given US$2000 (or the local equivalent) and told to spend it as you pleased, what proportion would you spend on clothes or accessories and, of those purchases (if any), what would you buy?
Maybe about $200. I'm not a clothes horse. T-shirts and jeans are my staple.
181. Generally speaking, what do you wear in bed?
In the winter a tshirt and sweatpants. Otherwise in my underwear.
182. Do you prefer a quilt/doona/comforter/ whatever-you-call-those-bags-of-feathers-o
Actually, I use both. During the winter I use 2 electric blankets (non-functioning) and an old Ralph Lauren Polo comforter. :o)
183. Do you use an electric blanket in winter?
As I mentioned above, 2 of them but they don't work.
184. Do you usually wear socks?
If I'm wearing pants, yes. If I'm shorts, no.
185. What type of footwear do you prefer, given a choice?
186. Do you blow your nose on tissues, handkerchiefs or your sleeves?
Tissues now... my sleeves when I was a tot.
187. Do you wear eyesight aids (glasses, contact lenses)?
*nods* Glasses since the 5th grade.
188. If your answer to the previous question was "Yes", and it was financially or logistically possible, would you have laser surgery to correct your eyesight? (Or have you?)
No. 1)There's too many accounts of things going wrong. 2)Almost all mistakes are irreversible.
189. Do you wear sunglasses at night?
Corey Hart was such a cutie. :o) But no, I don't.
190. Do you prefer to carry your money in a wallet, purse or your pocket?
Wallet, left-side pants pocket.
191. Do you generally carry a handbag, shoulder bag, bumbag, backpack or similar?
192. What items would you never leave home without?
193. In cold weather, do you generally overdress, underdress or dress appropriately?
Probably underdress since the cold doesn't affect me as much as other people.
194. On a really hot day at home, what would you probably be wearing, and what would you most likely be doing?
If I'm alone I'll walk around in my underwear. I'd be doing whatever I'd normally do.
195. Do you regularly wear sunscreen in summer?
Not as much as I should. Melanomas are scary.
196. Do you prefer to tan or stay out of the sun?
Stay out of the sun since I've got a natural tan. ;o)
197. What do you find more appealing in a (potential naturally-pale) partner, tanned skin or untanned?
Honestly, that's irrelevant to me.
198. Do you think "tan lines" left by sunbathing in a bikini or speedos are sexy?
Sexy? More like comical.
199. What particular outfit in your wardrobe gives you the most pleasure to wear?
I don't see clothing as something as pleasurable, sorry.
200. In order, first being most important, what three categories of clothing do you gain the most pleasure from wearing?
201. What outfit or article of clothing do you find most erotically appealing?
Ah, I'd have to say underwear. It hides or exposes the most interesting things.
202. Have you ever been to a nudist colony or clothing-optional beach?
Never in my life.
203. When you're travelling or going on holiday, are there any items that you consistently forget to take along?
No, I always make a list of things and check it off as I pack.
• Everyone needs a hobby.
204. Other than surfing the internet and answering pointless questionnaires, name (up to) five hobbies that you enjoy.
Reading sci-fi/fantasy books, my fishes, cooking, tending what I laughably call my garden, listening to dance music.
205. Given a choice between indulging in a hobby and participating in sport (team or solo), which would you plumb for?
206. Are you a sporty type of person?
No, though I've become more interested as the years go by.
207. Do you enjoy watching sports (live or broadcast) and, if so, what sports do you particularly enjoy?
Yes, sports I love to watch include football (American), tennis and basketball.
208. What's your opinion of horse racing as a sport?
It's not a sport in my opinion.
209. Do you think that sports reporting is really "news"?
I do since I define news as in reporting information of interest to me.
210. Do you visit a gym regularly, or otherwise work out?
LOL No, I don't.
211. If your answer to the previous question was "yes", for what purpose?
212. What's the most important factor to you in regard to your favourite hobbies?
If I can spend an hour at it and enjoy myself.
213. Do you treat yourself to a new toy every so often?
No, because I have expensive taste in software and electronics. :o)
214. What, for you, constitutes a desirable toy?
Something I'll be using and enjoying for several years.
215. What are you most likely to receive as a birthday or Christmas (or similar) present from your family members?
$$$ Money $$$ my favorite gift.
216. What are you most likely to receive as a birthday or Christmas (or similar) present from your friends?
CDs or books.
217. What's your opinion on penguins?
They're sort of cute I suppose.
218. Do you fear the penguin?
No, should I?
219. Do you understand the previous question?
I have a suspicion about that.
• Stuffing your face.
220. What's your favourite cuisine (for example: Chinese, Greek, French, Nouvelle)?
American (hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza, etc...) then Chinese, then Mexican
221. What's your least favourite cuisine?
222. What do you never want to eat again?
223. What do you wish you'd never tasted in the first place?
224. What known foodstuff would you never consider eating?
Anything that has insects in it: snails, ants, grasshoppers, etc...
225. If you identify as carnivorous or omnivorous, what animals eaten by humans (possibly in other countries) would you definitely not eat (examples include horse, rat, dog, pig)? Why?
Any animal (except horse) I'm used to thinking of as a pet.
226. Butter or margarine?
I use both.
227. White or wholemeal bread?
228. What's your favourite fast food?
Pizza! Lotsa pizza!
229. Do you prefer cakes, pastries or cookies/biscuits?
My preference would be cakes.
230. What is your preferred snack?
Whatever suits my mood. I'm a slave to my tastes. It could easily be cookies, popcorn or grapes.
• Working for the man.
231. Are you presently employed? If so, what field do you work in?
Technically no. Doing software work.
232. If you didn't have to have a bank account, would you choose to do so?
233. Are you more likely to save or spend?
Spend, which is a semi-recent thing.
234. Do you have any particular weaknesses that you'll spend money on frequently, even though you know you probably shouldn't (for example: chocolate, shoes, prostitutes, books)?
I'd say books. (LOL@prostitutes)
235. What is your preferred method of paying bills (for example: cash, direct debit)?
Cash; it's too easy to overspend with credit cards.
236. When you were a kid, what did you want to grow up to be?
Superhero then architect then programmer.
237. What would you most like to do with the rest of your life, in terms of employment?
I don't know right now.
238. What's stopping you?
I thought it'd be programming but I've lost a lot of interest in it.
239. If you had a guaranteed, no-strings-attached income for life, such that you were no longer obliged to work for a living, how would you spend your time?
Playing games, travelling, or getting involved in politics (as a volunteer).
240. Do you do voluntary work within the community?
241. If you won US$10 million in a lottery, what proportion (if any) would you genuinely give to charity?
*ponders* There's no hard amount I'd give away but I would give some of it.
242. If you won US$10 million in a lottery, what proportion (if any) would you keep for yourself, to spend and/or save?
Most of it. I am a greedy son-of-a-bitch after all. :oÞ
243. If you won first prize in a lottery, would you choose to remain anonymous or to be identified?
Anonymous, otherwise I'd have tons of relatives and charities bugging the hell out of me.
244. If you had the money and there was one accessible to you, would you gamble in a casino and, if your answer is yes, what games would you play?
No, I'm the lone non-gambler in the family. I consider gambling a waste of money.
245. How important are money and material wealth to you, really?
Very important. That's probably the biggest concern to all Americans whether they like to admit it or not.
246. What colour are your eyes?
Mud pie brown.
247. What colour is your hair (naturally and now)?
Brownish-black in the winter. Reddish-brown in the summer.
248. Given freedom of choice and practicality, what colour would you prefer your eyes and your hair to be?
I'm fine with my hair color. I'd like green eyes though.
249. What colour hair and eyes would you prefer your partner(s) to have, or is that issue totally irrelevant?
250. What colour are the walls of your bedroom?
251. What colour would you prefer them to be?
Though I painted my room blue at my father house, I'd like to try a shade of tan.
252. Do you have a particular preference for a certain colour (or colours) in your clothing?
*nods* I'm heavy into black, blues, and greys.
253. Do you know why I spell "colour" with a "u"? Do you care?
Because you Aussies/Brits/Canucks like to be eccentric. ;o)
• Entertain me.
254. What do you have on the walls of your favourite room?
*looks around* A calendar, 7 picture frames with family photos, a framed drawing of 9 herbs on it, a 12"x18" mirror, a bulletin board, and a map of the night sky
255. If you could have a reproduction of any artwork to display in your room, what would you choose?
There was a painting entitled "Spring" I saw at the Getty Museum in Malibu back in '91 that I loved but can't remember the artist's name for the life of me.
256. Have you ever made your own home movies?
257. Do home movies of you as a child exist?
Much to my dismay, yes. :o/
258. If you answered "Yes" to the previous question, do they show you naked and [were they/do you anticipate that they will be] shown at your 21st birthday party?
No nakedness, they have photos of that though.
259. Who is your favourite film director?
*thinks hard* I can't say there's one that stands out as the best.
260. Would you prefer to go to the movies or to a play/live-action musical?
Movies. Musicals bore the fuck out of me.
261. Have you ever been to (or performed in) live, professional theatre?
Yes, when I was a member of S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A we did a production of "Whistle-stop Barbershop."
262. Have you ever been to (or performed in) live, amateur theatre?
263. Do you even like live theatre?
No. Let me say my problem is that I don't like watching it but given a chance to perform I'd jump at it. It's the same with band music. I love to perform but hate to watch.
264. If you could go to see any performance of any play or musical anywhere in the world (it doesn't have to be current), what would you choose to see?
265. If you could go to see any band (current or former) performing live, what would it be?
I'd want to see Siouxsie and the Banshees (partially reformed as the Creatures now.)
266. Given your pick of musical instruments and free tuition, what (if any) instrument would you choose to learn?
I played the trombone and sousaphone. I've tried learning piano but I don't have the hand to hand coordination for it.
267. Have you ever felt a desire to perform on a stage in public?
Yes, see #263
268. Have you ever suffered "stage fright" when called upon to perform or make a presentation in public?
Split decision here. Performance art I have no problem with. Public oratory has me white-knuckled in fear.
269. If granted the opportunity, would you agree to act in a film, and if so would you prefer a major or minor role?
I'd love to. Major role of course. ;o)
270. Does the idea of directing a play or film appeal to you and, if so, what genre would you be most interested in working within?
Directing no. I'd be too much a perfectionist and would have a mutiny with days.
271. Do you voluntarily attend museums and art galleries? If so, how often?
The opportunity to visit galleries is practically non-existent. I did go the J. Paul Getty Museum which I loved and would have loved to go back.
272. If you answered "yes" to the previous question, what are your favourite institutions, and your favourite exhibit(s)?
Paintings though the statuary was interesting as well. The photography and glassware/pottery was of little interest to me.
• Survival strategies.
273. Could you live for twelve months in a house without electricity?
Oh hell no!
274. Could you live in a house without running water, if there was a well or other water source one mile away?
Could I? Probably, but it's not a desirable scenario.
275. The Big Brother television concept is reasonably well-known internationally: would you like to be a contestant on the programme?
LOL No way.
276. Assuming you woke up one morning and discovered that you were a contestant on Big Brother. how do you think you would cope, and at what point do you think you would be voted off?
I wouldn't cope well. Probably in the 2nd or 3rd week. I'm assuming there's at least one person more boring than me.
E. BACK TO THE FUTURE
277. Five years ago, did you expect your life to be much as it is now?
278. What about ten years ago?
279. Twenty years ago, personal computers were comparatively rare and extremely primitive by today's standards. If you were alive and capable of independent thought that long ago, did you even remotely imagine the impact these machines would have on our lives now?
No. I saw it more as a fun toy when I played the first one I saw.
280. When did you first have regular access to a computer, and what did you primarily use it for?
Access for what? My first brief experience was in the 6th grade. As for having a reason to use one I'd say would be in the 10th grade (1984/5).
281. What is your opinion of cloning?
I think it's an exciting field of study.
282. What do you think about genetically modified foods?
It's depends on what extremes they are going to.
283. Do you believe that Artificial Intelligence is possible and, if so, what timeframe do you envisage it will require before computers are capable of original thought on a par with humans?
Possible yes. I'll guess 50 years though history has show most predictions worthless.
284. Do you believe that most domestic chores will one day be performed by robots or androids?
Within the next 100 years I'd say no. After that is questionable.
285. Do you think a cyborg - a human with functioning mechanical parts over and above "basic" medical replacements - will ever be a reality?
Yes, especially with some on the discoveries made this year.
286. What message would you like to leave your children (let us for the moment assume that you have, or will have, some), when they reach the age you are now?
Live life to the fullest since you'll only have one shot at it.
287. If you could place three items (any size) into a time capsule to be opened in the Gregorian year 2500 (current Gregorian year = 2001), what would they be?
A collection of my favorite songs on CD, books, my journal entries.
288. If your ancestors had placed three items (any size) into a time capsule 150 years ago to be opened by you today, what would you hope to find?
Some popular piano sheet music and a dairy of a man my age,
289. If you could travel back in time to visit your ancestors in the year 1901, what would you tell them?
Nothing, they made the right choices.
290. If you could travel back in time to visit your ancestors in the year 1950, what would you tell them?
I'd talk with my paternal grandpa, my aunt Dora and uncle Gilbert since they died before I got to know them.
291. If you could travel back to any point in time to communicate with any of your ancestors (ancestor-finding and language-translation software included), what period would you return to and why?
Other than what I mention just above I'd have no interest in communication with my ancestors.
292. If you could prevent one single historical event from happening, what would it be?
I'd stop George W. Bush from being appointed President by his cronies.
293. If you nominated an event for the previous question, what do you imagine the present-day consequences of your action would be?
Given the current war-fever going around, very unlikely. Two weeks ago I'd have said likely.
294. Assuming for the moment that both events were to happen to you at some point, what piece of music (if any) would you like played at (a) your wedding and (b) your funeral?
For the wedding, I'd leave that up to my partner. There'd be no song for the funeral.
295. After you die, how would you like your body to be disposed of (for example: buried, cremated)?
I'm leaning towards cremation right now.
296. Would you want flowers at your funeral?
No, that's a waste of flowers.
297. How would you like to be remembered after your death?
As someone who enjoyed himself in life.
298. How do you think you will be remembered after your death?
Honestly, I don't know.
299. What kind of memorial, if any, would you prefer was placed over your remains (or placed as a permanent marker of your life, as appropriate)?
None, I'd like my ashes spread around at Yosemite National Park.
300. Assuming for the moment that you choose to have your death marked by a gravestone or plaque, what message (if any) would you like to be displayed there?
He came, he enjoyed, he left.
301. If you were to make a will at this point, would the bulk of your estate be left to friends, family members or charities (or other causes)?
My CDs to my friends, anything too delicate for public viewing (porn) shall be burned, the rest to my mother.
F. JUST TO FINISH UP
302. Now that you've done this survey, what's your opinion of Paul/Phred (other than that he has an underwear fetish, which we've already [un]covered)?
He took a nice "crotch" userpic. ;o)
303. Why did you do this survey?
Because I got tired of scratching myself in delicate areas.
Version 1.0 issued 11:04 AM 23 July 2001 Eastern Australian Time in my LiveJournal.
Version 1.1 uploaded 8:52 AM 24 July 2001 - replaced Question 152 (which duplicated another question), removed a set of examples from one question that was confusing people, and added Questions 184 through 191 as an addendum. Made the .TXT file available from my website.
Version 2.0 uploaded 28 July 2001 - Added 40 new questions, distributed these and the eight questions previously added as an addenda through the quiz. Fine-tuned the wording of a few questions. Changed the numbering of most questions to return them to numerical order. Feel free to hate me.
Version 3.0 uploaded 4:44 PM 05 August 2001 - Added 73 new questions and, as before, distributed them through the survey. Deleted one question, incorporating it into the body of another to which it referred. Changed the introductory comments, and added the "Entertain me" subsection to part D. Provided a new "comments" link, as the original has been deleted. Divided the quiz into two parts to facilitate use in the LiveJournal upload client.